Viviscal has a line of product designed for men woman who want longer, healthier, and thicker hair. The vitamin rich formula contains the exclusive AminoMar C, which is a marine protein complex. The products are said to nourish the hair and allow for more luxurious hair to be grown. According to the company, undernourished hair is a common problem and will not grow properly. The company sells several different products that are to be used together both topically and orally.
Who can use Viviscal products?
Viviscal offers several products for use depending on gender:
• Viviscal Maximum Strength: Contains 22% pure protein and is designed for Women who want healthier, longer, fuller, more vibrant hair or for Women who are experiencing thinning hair.
• Viviscal Regular Strength: Contains 18% pure protein and is designed for Women who want to nourish and strengthen existing hair growth.
• Viviscal for Men: Contains 30% pure protein and is designed for Men who want thicker, fuller hair growth or for Men in the early stages of thinning hair and hair loss.
• Viviscal Scalp Lotion, Shampoo, and Conditioner: For Men and Women who want healthy, thicker hair and a cleaner scalp.
Use of Viviscal products
The company recommends using the products every day for at least six months. The process involves taking two Viviscal supplements daily, use the Scalp Lotion nightly, and use the Viviscal Shampoo and Conditioner a minimum of three times per week.
The vitamins in Viviscal products that feature the exclusive AminoMar C are said to:
• Nourish the hair follicles.
• Strengthen and encourage the growth of existing hair.
• Promote the growth of weaker, less visible hairs.
• Make hair look more vibrant and feel better.
Missing from the list of benefits is the ability to block DHT, which is the leading cause of hair loss. While many of the vitamins found in the supplements are vitamins that should be taken daily, they are also readily available in any multivitamin found at your local drug store.
While vitamins are essential for good health, they are not essential for good hair. There are plenty of unhealthy people walking around with a full head of hair and conversely there are plenty of healthy people that are losing their hair. Hair loss is genetic and all the vitamins in the world cannot change your genetics.
The Viviscal products claim to thicken your existing hair. While the products may help in that area, they won’t help you grow new hair or keep your existing hair from falling out. Best case scenario with the Viviscal products are that the hair you have left on your head that you use for a comb-over will be thicker, that is if it doesn’t fallout first. For what the company has to offer, you are better of just taking a good multivitamin and making sure your hair is nice and clean using a shampoo and conditioner that has some level of proteins. The effect will be about the same on your head and the dent in your wallet will not be nearly as big.